"12 Dads of Xmas" Day 9: Hank Morse

Thursday, December 20, 2012


1. Why don't you start by introducing yourself to our readers (Name, Kids (How Many / Names), Occupation, Location?)
My name is Hank Morse and my wife, Pam, and I have two daughters, 15 and 16. I do the news on the Jim and Margery Show on News Talk 96.9 in Boston and do traffic on WKLB and WROR. I grew up in Medford and still live there!
Having children is my greatest accomplishment in life. I thought I had all the answers when I first became a father, but now realize how few I had and have. It's a 9.5 on a difficulty scale, but nothing is more rewarding!

2. When does "the Holiday Season" start for you?
We start celebrating the Christmas season after Thanksgiving. We love to shop on Black Friday. We don't put up our tree until two weeks before and decorate the rest of the house. This year I bought an old sleigh for the front lawn and my family thinks I am nuts, although they love it.




3. What do you and your family do to keep the magic of Christmas alive?

Christmas Eve was special in my house growing up. We had an open house for about 50 people. We would open gifts in the morning and then spend the day at home. We had little family around, but LOVED not having to go anywhere!


4. What's your favorite holiday movie?
Our favorite Holiday movie is Christmas Vacation. Chevy Chase is our long, lost relative. My wife calls me Clark, the character he plays. He has the same goofy idealism I do!


5. Is there anything you always wanted for Christmas as a child and never got?
My favorite gift ever was my "Rally" Bobby Orr Bruins uniform that my parents let me wear to Christmas Mass in 1971 or 1972. I figured God was a Bobby Orr fan, too! The only thing I think I was disappointed about not getting was a Sony Walkman. I did get a "no name" brand, but it was like getting fake Uggs. What a jerk I was! I didn't say anything, though!


6. Holiday Tree or Christmas Tree: Real of fake? Discuss. 
In our family, we live tradition! We always go puck out our real tree, as a family. I enjoy the smell as much as the ornaments. We put the old fashioned C9 big, multi colored bulbs on the tree this year and you can see them from Florida! Wow are they bright!


7. Do you have any unique holiday traditions? 
We always see a holiday show, love to decorate a gingerbread house and always struggle to get out Christmas cards done! Since our fireplace needs repair, I love to watch the "yule log" channel "on demand" and it cracks my family up. I think it's beautiful! We don't put any gifts under the tree until Christmas Eve. The surprise is what makes it special!

8. So both Don and I are huge fans of the Jim and Margery show which is where you do your "Dad Chat" series once a week. You often discuss your personal life in great detail from what your daughters boyfriend did that week to how you deal with issues in the house. I was curious what your wife and children think of you announcing such personal details to 96.9's listeners?
I do a segment on the Jim and Margery Show called "Dad Chat", in which I talk about "kid" issues and my teen daughters. My people are smart enough not to tell them what I talk about, but every once in a while someone does. They're used to their goofball father and ignore it. They don't get mad. I am pretty open about our family foibles, since most families have them! I don't tell the most personal things, but get pretty close. The only time my wife gets annoyed is when I mention some of our annoying relatives!:):)
We are a family if ADD types, some we are unorganized, but have lots of fun. We poke fun at ourselves and try and laugh as much as possible. Oh...our favorite family activity is camping! Nothing beats spending a week soaked to the bone, eating soggy food and counting our mosquito bites!

Follow Hank on Twitter - @HankMorse


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...