Tuesday Tunes!

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

So we haven't posted in like two weeks because A) We were pretty burnt out after posting every day for 12 days with our "12 Dads of Xmas" series. and B) We had the holidays to celebrate duh!

But we're back on the grind with a few posts in the works and of course our weekly "Tuesday Tunes" series. Anyway enjoy this weeks songs and if you want to listen to all the songs we've ever picked you should subscribe to our Spotify Playlist!


1. "Jamestown" by The Movielife -- It's 2013 everybody and what better way to celebrate than talking about music from 10 years go in 2003? The Movielife's "Forty Hour Train Back to Penn" is one of those "all time favorite never get sick of it" albums for me. Every song on it is so good you just want to jump up, pump your fist and sing along (or cry) no matter where you are. Put this on in your car and thank me later. -Craig




2. "
Cameage" by Descendents  -- This week I chose one of my top 5 favorites tracks of all time. I grew up on the Descendants and will always listen to them. I first heard this track on a cassette tape I picked up from a local music shop in my hometown, Taunton, while out skating one afternoon. The only reason I bought it was because they were on SST Records, same label as Black Flag, Sonic Youth, and Bad Brains, so I figured it couldnt be half bad. This led me to slowly acquire their whole discography, the only thing that held me back was the amount of money I brought in on my paper route, and the condition of the deck I was skating at the time. Their music evolves as you follow their career and they even write songs about having an "adult job" and eventually growing up, even though they said they don't wanna! As an outcast skater kid growing up in the suburbs, this connection to the outside world and affirmation that there were kids like me out there was crucial. Man, do you remember the days when shaving half your head, piercing your face, dying your hair, and riding a skateboard ACTUALLY WAS THE COUNTER-CULTURE? I do, imagine all the chicks I would have scored had I been that teen, in this year? Ah well, it just helped form the anti-mainstream, jaded adult that I am today! -Michael



3. "Long Way Down" by Sam Means  --  In a whirling circle of parenting bloggers and social media sharing of hip parents I found Sam Means' solo stuff. These tunes are fun and make me tap my foot on a Tuesday at my desk creating some new illustrations. I usually skip over the one very touching song for his daughter only because I don't want anyone in the office to think I'm soft ; ) ...even though I am - Don




4. "Will Do" by TV On The Radio -- I found out about TV On The Radio from a writer on ESPN named Paul Shirley who was a bench warmer for quite a few teams in the NBA and I listened to his recommendation for "Wolf Like Me" and couldn't stop listening to them.  I chose this song because it is Eila's favorite and it calms her down and we listen to it before bedtime. But The video is amazingly beautiful, emotionally haunting and the video plays up the lyrics of the song which is what music videos are supposed to do. -Andre

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...