Thursday Tunes #08 / "Glory" by Jay-Z feat. Blue Ivy Carter

Friday, January 27, 2012

So I know it's Friday but whatever I was busy yesterday so you get my "Thursday Tunes" today. So as you all know (unless you live under a rock) Jay-Z and Beyonce finally had their baby. She is named "Blue Ivy Carter" and has already broken a music record by being the youngest person to ever make it on the Billboard Charts (her cry is sampled into the beat!).


It's amazing to see someone as famous as Jay-Z speak so openly and intimately about his experiences as new father. He even has a line about the pain of a miscarriage they went through. The song is great and it's awesome to have a song that speaks positively about being a father flying around the airwaves right now... Some of my fav lyrics include:



"The most amazing feeling I feel,
Words can’t describe what I’m feeling for real
Baby, I paint the sky blue,
 My greatest creation was you"

"A younger, smarter, faster me"

"But you was made in Paris and mama woke up the next day and shot her album packageLast time the miscarriage was so tragic,
We was afraid you disappeared but nah baby, you magic"

"You're a child of destinyYou're the child of my destiny
You're my child with the child from destiny's childThat's a hell of recipe"


Enjoy:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...