Our Camping Weekend!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

This past weekend we decided to escape the city and head out to a local State Forest with some friends. We packed up our buddy Felicia's truck and headed for Myles Standish State Forest with her lovah-man Alexander. After about 2 hours sitting in Friday Boston traffic we finally arrived to partake in #Camping2K11 which involved three campsites,14 great friends and one toddler.


Now I want to come clean here and announce I whined the whole time we drove there:


Yes I'm a whiner. Now you know. After we arrived and set up it was time for a swim to cool down and try to relax about the fact we were in the wilderness. I guess I'm a city slicker at heart even though I go camping twice a summer normally. Will I ever learn? We stayed Friday and Saturday night and then left early Sunday morning. All in all it was a nice weekend that was spent with lots of friends, grilled food, ponds and campfires. I suppose I should complain less?


Here is our campsite and the first campfire of the weekend :)


The next morning the
Smoke Monster invaded our site.

Cooling off down near the pond! Left to Right: Xander, Lauren, Sierra, Trevor, Felicia, Will & Myself.
(Pic by 
Aunty Jill)

One of my favorite photos ever! Sierra digging holes w/
Uncle Trevor!
(Pic by
Aunty Jill)


Sierra and I after the pond in some new duds including my
V-Neck courtesy of AmericanApparel and her romper from Don Naylor's "Adeline's Daddy" line!


Sierra getting a guitar lesson from
Xander!


Sierra eating breakfast / showing off her
Adeline's Daddy "Homeward Bound" Romper!


Xander basking in the morning light.


Guerilla Marketing at the campground! YOU KNOW!


Vegan Smorgasbord! Smart Dogs, Veggie Burgers, Vegggie Chick'n and Corn on the Cob.


At night time we got a little silly :)


Our tent is large enough for all of our things, a blow up mattress for Mommy and Daddy and Sierra's Pack N' Play! Sierra is an expert at zippers so she sure as hell let us know when she was awake in the morning! PEEK A BOO!


If you liked the post help a brotha' out and give us a vote on TBB! No sign up just click this, takes 2 seconds, Thanks <3 <3 <3 -Craig

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...